It’s the beginning of a new year and this is a great time to reset and make some new choices for 2014! Your CHOICES CAUSE RESULTS.
So, what choices will you adopt for the new year? Seriously, let’s get some massive action going. We all have the same number of hours in a day so if others can take action, so can you! Let’s start the new year fresh, with nothing in the way, and get it going! Whether you are making changes in your business, relationships or your general well-being, these steps will help you commit and take action if you follow them.
Here are some tips to get started without feeling overwhelmed!
- Write down a list of your ideas/choices (if you want put them into subcategories: family, work/business, personal, health). It’s important to write these down so it’s not all in your head. It makes a big difference if you can even post your list on a wall or mirror that you will see everyday!
- Prioritize your list. Of course everything is important, but assign a priority (1-10). Don’t think too much about it—just write numbers by each item on your list, whatever comes to your mind first. Remember everything is important– this will just help you get started taking the first steps. You can always reprioritize as you go!
- Now pick ONE item for this month and make it your theme and focus! (sometimes I pick one in a couple of the different subcategories, but be careful not to overwhelm yourself!)
- Write down 5 things that you will do that will help you achieve your pick for the month to achieve your outcome
- Write down how you will feel after you have achieved adding this to your life in a significant way. What will you feel like in 2 weeks? 30days? 6 months from now if you have committed to this new action?
- Now write down 3 roadblocks or things that may get in your way and provide yourself some brainstorms of how you will overcome these.
- Go for it – Use the energy of this new year to inspire you to make a difference in your life! Grow-Thrive-Make it Happen!
- After you have created a plan – and I’m serious about writing it down-you can start on your first goal. Next month, add another. It’s okay to take things in steps. Think about how many times you have made a list and accomplished nothing or only did things for a couple days or weeks. Use this action plan to methodically make one change at a time. It will make a more long-lasting impact to your life! And just think how you will feel in 12 months!
- Don’t forget, each month when you add a new choice/habit, keep the one from the previous month. Trust me that it won’t feel so overwhelming because it will already be a habit. Think what you can accomplish in 12 months this year! Now go get started!
Remember, the reason so often things don’t happen in our lives is because we don’t create a plan—we just wish for it. Then we get distracted in the dailies and things slip through the cracks. This will not happen this year—Start now and GET RESULTS! Stay focused, conscious and present in your process. You might even try to make a vision board after this exercise and you will have something pictorial to keep you motivated each and every day!
Don’t forget to post your ideas below in the comments and we can use the energy to fuel each other!
Connect With Us!